Friday, July 1, 2011

Free Pattern Friday!

Hi Friends!

Life on this end has been super crazy! School for myself, preparing special needs plans (summer programs and school year) for my little monkeys with autism, and graduation for our oldest monkey has been keeping us on our toes. Things should be slowing down for the 8 Little Monkeys and I so I'll be able to update a little more frequently.

With the holiday weekend coming up, I'm sure many of you will be busy soaking up the sun and celebrating our wonderful nation's independence! Thank goodness for all the men and women who have made so many sacrifices to defend and protect us so that we have the freedoms that we enjoy today!

Speaking of freedom, our youngest little monkey, Audrey, has LOVED prancing around the house when watching one of my favorite shows, So You Think You Can Dance. Watching her reminds me so much of myself when I was a little. You know, a time when something you love gives you the freedom to do, say, and be whoever you want to be! Audrey is only 4, but man, that girl has some raw talent! (ok, so I'm a little biased) I wanted to give Audrey the gift of freedom that my family gave me - so I enrolled her in dance classes. She starts in a few weeks and I think I'm more excited than her. Aah, the joys of motherhood - getting to live vicariously through your kiddos.

In preparation for dance class, we have been discussing what ballerinas wear to class and how they fix their hair. As a surprise for Audrey's first day of ballet, I plan on giving her a special ballerina hair piece. I have to admit, a bun might be a struggle, so we have to do something special to encourage her. While searching for a cute bun cover, I came across this wonderful pattern by Teresa Richardson aka Crochet Geek.


Those of you who might have some quiet time inside, or maybe celebrating the freedom to crochet whenever and wherever you like you might try this out. I hope you all enjoy!

Wishing you all a safe & happy holiday!
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment