Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Try It Out Tuesday! - Zip 'n' Go Yarn Organizer

How many times do you look at a pattern or start a project and you use two strands of yarn? I tried an old trick that I noticed my mother-in-law does - she uses an old tub of butter, punches a hole in the center of the lid and just strings her yarn through there. That works fine for her because she only crochets using size 10 thread. It doesn't work so well when you have funky or bulk yarns.


Perhaps I'm just really goofy and clumsy, but I felt all tangled up. That was until I found this great gem over at Herschner's. The Zip 'n' Go Yarn Organizer bag has three grommets at the top of the bag so you can thread 3 different skeins of yarn (or perhaps more) at once. Here are a few of my thoughts on Zip 'n' Go.

The PROS

  • Great price - Only $9.99
  • Light Weight
  • Doesn't tangle or tear yarn
  • Great design - has a pocket in the front big enough to hold a pattern or a small book and top zip
  • Roomy
  • Long handle
  • Works out if you want to keeps several skeins of a particular project together. (Heaven knows I'm always misplacing one color or another mid-way through my projects)
The CONS 
  • Only comes in black
  • No separate storage for hooks or needles, (but I will say that you can easily store these items in the front pocket)
My thoughts over all on the Zip 'n' Go Yarn Organizer.....LOVE IT!

**DISCLAIMER**I do not work for or receive any profit for reviewing this item. In no way, shape or form do I represent the above product or company. I'm simply a crafty mom sharing information on products, goods and services that I have used.**

No comments:

Post a Comment